Ontario is dedicated to creating safe, welcoming environments for all in their schools. This is a multifaceted community effort, and as such, many resources have been created and implemented.
Located here are resources for promoting a positive school climate, including, but not limited to:
- school climate information and surveys,
- school and community safety policies,
- bullying prevention plans,
- and an overview of progressive discipline.
Listed below are clickable additional Ontario resources for promoting a positive school climate and ensuring safety:
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy as an Inclusive Practice
- Supporting Students with Refugee Backgrounds
- Supporting English Language Learners with Limited Prior Schooling
- Classroom Practices to Help Build Resilience
- Helping Students Develop Self-Regulation
- Progressive Discipline with Special Populations
Caring and Safe Schools in Ontario: Supporting Students with Special Education Needs Through Progressive Discipline,
Kindergarten to Grade 12 (2010)
- Teacher Responsibility in Ensuring Safety
Safety is a key responsibility of an educator, and the Professional Advisory Safety in Learning Environments: A Shared Responsibility is located here, with a special set of guidelines regarding electronic communication and social media here.
- Teacher Safety
The safety of teachers is very important. If you feel your school has created insufficient Safety Plans, this resource can help you.